(keitai-l) Re: Sense of video on wireless phones (was:Re: i-m otion Mpeg3)

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/20/01
>  It's true, "Polite Japanese people
> don't like to talk loudly... so all the advantages of using a normal phone
> are gone."  But aren't we missing something here?  We are looking at a
> future scenario with today's perspective.  I assure you that in the next few
> years interaction with mobile devices will change greatly.  We've already
> witnessed the now-mandatory (EU and US) hands free auricular headsets, which
> is a step in the right direction.

Right now I see a design problem...a camera must be pointed
at you if you want to make a video conference call. If you
sit, you can put the phone(in future with wireless camera?)
in front of you. If you walk, you have to hold it in your
arm, so the advantage of handsfree headsets are gone again.

It all speaks for body modifications and transplanted
devices...

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht [Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc.] http://nooper.com