(keitai-l) Re: Meiji Restoration (off topic?)

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 07/31/01
Benedict, and everyone else,

The joke below was funny, truly, maybe the wittiest
comment made on this thread.  And this has
been one of the most interesting discussions on
this list that I've ever had the pleasure of not
being a part of.

If, however, it continues, I'm afraid we might
start arguing about which mobile telephony
standards would have been adopted during
the Taisho era, how Fukuzawa would have
viewed the WML vs. cHTML debate, and....
well, the possibilities are endless.  Literally.

I'm wondering if we can now end it with
Benedict's observation?   I can't think of
a better point (unless it was somewhere
much, much earlier....)  I already have about
umpteen gazillion other messages to catch
up on, and so does everyone else.

-michael turner
leap@gol.com

P.S.  Read www.idiom.com/~turner/JEvaHz
while it's still nooper-plug-free!  (Oh, you've
heard that one already?  Sorry.)