(keitai-l) Re: WAP 2.0 released

From: Tony Chan <tonyc_at_telecomasia.net>
Date: 08/02/01
DoCoMo stricks back! late and off the mark.

NTT DoCoMo has issued news release titled "NTT DoCoMo's WAP-NG Initiative
Blossoms Into WAP2.0.

For the details of the announcement, please visit our website
http://www.nttdocomo.com

Now if only they can work with Openwave on the ringtone and screen downloads.
since WAP 2.0 means nearly nothing without those M-services add-ons.

Tony

Gustaf Rosell wrote:

> No surprises, really. The focus on MMS has increased somewhat. This may by
> the way be one of the incompatibilities while roaming between Japanese and
> European W-CDMA.
>
> http://www1.wapforum.org/tech/documents/WAP-210-WAPArch-20010712-a.pdf
>
> Also not too surprisingly supported by the larger manufacturers:
>
> http://press.nokia.com/PR/200108/828958_5.html
>
> The only really interesting is the comment on M-Services (now when they may
> have understood what it is (not)...):
>
> "Due to the fact that WAP 2.0 is an open and interoperable standard, it
> will be a very valuable component in any future mobile service offering.
> The companies believe that the GSM Association will also benefit greatly
> from including WAP 2.0 as one of its cornerstones when defining future
> versions of its M-services initiative."
>
> /g

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: tonyc.vcf