(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo 504i?

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 08/17/01
    My guess for the 504 release is somewhere between November and Feb. But I'm guessing here.

    But if you have a 209, you get a 210 or 503 if you want to.
You don't have to wait.

    Also a new series is coming out "soon",
the DoCoMo FOMA phones (N2000,...) which
you may or may not wish to switch too.

    Anyway some of us are still having fun programming i-appli and
are willing to wait a few more months until we need to change our
emulators and buy new phones.  I hope they take their time and
avoid a "SORE504i recall", "a buggy P504i" and "a F504i which is slower
than a snail".  Please I want them to do lots of testing cycles.

Nik Frengle wrote:

> With recent very large price drops on 503i handsets, does anyone know when the 504i is due out? Maybe by next month when I have had my 209is for 10 months? I have this strange feeling...maybe there won't be a 504i? The pattern up until now has been new i-mode models released in year-end or new years, with wide distriubtion by spring. Hmm...I must get something new (it is an imperative, they put something in the water here in Nippon in order to induce this compulsion--I haven't been able to resist it, even though I gave up drinking water for Poccari Sweat), but would be quite unhappy if I got something that quickly went out of date. If you have some smarmy NDA, a note from Natassha is welcome. ;-)
> -Nik

-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu
http://members.tripod.com/~pbl1/

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"