(keitai-l) Re: 24-bit PNG images to EZWeb phones?

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 08/22/01
The application is not going into an ISP but onto corporate servers.
Normally this would mean I could get away with the custom GD libraries
(which you put me onto Mika - thank you, I owe you some drinks at the
next party) but the specs require the application to be portable and
able to run on any of any of their servers worldwide.

Their IT people are not about to recompile every PHP box with modified
GD libraries let alone what legal would have to say about UNISYS
licensing issues. Incidentally, I have heard of UNISYS going after
companies in Japan which is a something of a worry.

What was DoCoMo thinking when the settled on the GIF format when PNG was
available and the licensing problems with UNISYS infamous?

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com