(keitai-l) Re: SHIFT-JIS and non-Japanese content

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/16/01
SHIFT-JIS pretty much contains the first half (0-127) of ISO-8859-1 but
doesn't contain much of the second half (128 - 255).  This means that
you'll have no problem displaying regular alphanumeric characters (all
English characters I believe) but will probably not be able to display
any of the extra European characters like German umlauts (for example an
"a" with two dots above it).

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)