(keitai-l) Re: SHIFT-JIS and non-Japanese content

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 11/16/01
> If your site is dynamic, you can thus store the chars as whatever you want
> and then replace them with the appropriate equivalent just before you send
> content out port 80. (It is best to do the replace AFTER you have done the
> dynamic linebreak as otherwise &auml; would be counted as six chars.)

Hm, as somebody who just translated an i-mode site into
German, I can assure you that this language is not at all
useful for small handsets...they have l-o-o-o-o-o-n-g words.

So if you try not to use too much English, you translate
the following words into the German word-monsters:

News - Neuigkeiten
Changes - Ver&auml;nderungen
Economy - &Ouml;konomie
Trends - Gewinnprognosen
Must buy - Kaufempfehlungen

and these are not even the longest words!

Kono Tako!

I guess there is a market in Germany for hammer-shaped
handsets to host wider displays.

;)

Juergen "You can say you to me" Specht
--
Juergen Specht CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. Tokyo, Japan
i-mode/FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/