(keitai-l) Re: The Truth About Mobile Data

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/20/01
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 timecop@japan.co.jp wrote:

> And lower battery life, and bigger screen (why, you can see the telephone
> number just fine on a 10x2 alphanumeric display), bigger buttons, bigger
> size in general (why, I thought they stopped selling big phones a few
> years back, is the trend returning now)?

Yes, the trend is returning. However, the smaller phones are still
available, and even being upgraded. (The 59 g colour P210i actually comes
in at a gram lighter than my old P209i, and it even has a bigger screen.

But as for these "smaller, lighter" non-data-enabled phones, can you
point them out to me? I'd like some specific model numbers, weights and
sizes, please. Because I've never seen a non-data-enabled phone smaller
than my 60g P209i. (Or, likely, much cheaper; I expect a P209i costs
about one yen these days.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org