(keitai-l) (keitai-l)Books on i-mode (was Re: i-mode scripting)

From: Nik Frengle <nik_at_ucatv.ne.jp>
Date: 11/23/01
My tongue was firmly in cheek when I sent the previous two postings, though
that was apparently not appreciated by some members of the list. Please
excuse me if I transgressed the sanctity of your inbox.
Below is a list of the books about i-mode currently out there or due for
release soon. This is by no means exhaustive, just those that I am familiar
with:

Tech Books:
i-mode Crash Course by John R. Vacca

I-Mode Developer's Guide by Paul Wallace, Andrea Hoffmann, Daniel Scuka, Zev
Blut, Kyle Barrow (due for release on January 11th)

i-mode: A Primer by Nik Frengle (due for release on December 12th, or so)

iMode: A Developer's Guide to Creating Applications with cHTML and Java by
Peter Bellew (due for release on February 14th)

Less Technical/Business:
The Mobile Internet: How Japan Dialled up and the West Disconnected by
Jeffrey Funk Lee

The Birth of I-mode by Mari Matsunaga (translated)
www.chuangyi.com.sg

I would also suggest the following Japanese books:
I????????????????Compact HTML???????????? by Dr. Tomihisa Kamada
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4916131037

????????????????i????????????????? by Masami Ochiai, and Kazutoshi Watanabe
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4492970193

i????? by Mari Matsunaga
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4048836331

i??????????????????????? by Takeshi Natsuno
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4931466281

I?????Java???i??? by Asao Kasai
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4816330151

?????i???Java???????
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4822280861

???????? by Hakuhodo Institute of Life and Living, written by Yuichi Washida
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4757120648

Hope this helps anyone looking for information on i-mode. I am sure there
are more books out there. This really isn't a plug for amazon, and you can
probably find most of these books on fatbrain.com, barnesandnoble.com, or
many other online bookstores that will send to Japan. You can find them by
using the number that comes after ASIN, which is the ISBN number, and should
allow you to find this book elsewhere. For some of them, you can also change
amazon.com to amazon.co.jp in the URL and the book should also come up,
though it is in Japanese, and they may have them in stock, which would save
you time and money if you are in Japan. The same goes for amazon.co.uk,etc.

Cheers,
Nik Frengle
IntaDev, Inc.
www.intadev.com