(keitai-l) Re: cn u rd ths w/o kllng me?

From: Josh White <josh_at_blackbrick.com>
Date: 12/21/01
> Strongly disagree: t9 predictive text input is used by the majority of users
> in Europe in my experience. It really works very very well and has evolved
> over the years with now very complete dictionaries in all major languages.
> What can be simpler than one key input per letter?

If you type words out of the dictionary, T9 is worse than normal keypad
typing.  Most of my typing is not words in my phone's dictionary (addresses,
phone numbers, URLs, email addresses, names).  Thus, T9 is usually useless for
me.

T9 is really fast for typing "preset" messages such as "meet me at the park?"
but I almost never type stuff like that on a phone.

-Josh
Oakland, CA
www.bluemug.com