(keitai-l) Re: European i-mode will crash...

From: Andrea <anima_at_gmx.de>
Date: 12/22/01
Nicolaj,

> btw : I work as a management consultant at Strand Consult

welcome to the list...

> The problem with I-mode is that DoCoMo has developed a "walled garden"
=
> for content providers, where only a few of them is accepted to use the
=
> I-mode billing system. In other words - It's easier for Bin Laden to
get =
> into Heaven, that it is for content providers to get their i-mode
sites =
> approved as an "official i-mode site" :-)

There are two different things here, the walled garden and the billing
system.

It is definitely good (for many reasons) that there IS a walled garden
for selected high quality content. For the consumers, for the operator
AND for the content providers, who were sucessful to get into the
portal. It is (against rumors) not AS difficult as Bin Laden getting
into Heaven.

The billing system, well, that in my opinion could and should be offered
to unofficial content providers as well. As far as I know, this will
happen in the (near) future in Japan.

Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann - Associate Consultant - EGIS Japan
Mail: info_at_egis.co.jp WWW: http://egisjapan.com