(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone enters m-payment arena

From: Joshua <joshua_at_ltl-jpn.com>
Date: 01/17/02
>From: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net[On Behalf Of Curt Sampson]

>But there seems to me one little sticking point here. How do you prove
>you've paid? Show the attendant the screen? How does he know it's not a
>Java Applet that generated that screen? Take a ticket, or go through a
>turnstile? How do you make sure it's the person right next to
>the ticket
>machine or turnstile that approved that payment, and not the guy behind
>or next to him?
>
>Hm. Maybe you generate a barcode (good for a limited time only) that
>you then swipe at the turnstile or ticket machine.

Why not use IR?
http://www.mzoop.com/main_e/main_e.html
(These guys are just SO happy!!)

Clipping:
The Infrared data Association (IrDA) presented its vision for new wireless
point and pay financial transactions at a press conference in San Francisco,
Wednesday.
It said the point and pay demonstrations showed financial transactions with
credit, debit or checking account data being sent via IrDA interface from
devices like Palm handhelds or mobile phones to an IrDA enabled
point-of-sale (POS) terminal or a vending machine.
Users simply beam their financial information to make a payment and receive
a digital receipt.
With the two-way technology, the consumer not only provides the payment but
can also send or receive digital receipts and coupons or loyalty cards
providing the merchant with targeted one to one marketing opportunities.