(keitai-l) Re: The fall and rise of the English i-mode menu

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/28/02
> I was reminded of this proposal when Juergen mentioned that he saw
> "eigo" in hiragana rather than the far-more-common kanji compound
> for "eigo". Interesting. Ominous.

Haha! Actually my "well informed" source is now easy to
recognize...he wears a paperbag with 2 holes for his eyes
over his blushed head while he is programming :)

Basically it was a misunderstanding. If I talk about the
"official" i-mode menu, I think about the first menu page,
which is Japanese. And there as the last link is still the
word "English" the link to the official English (and not so
crowded) menu.

What he saw was the link located in the "Menu List"
(the 3rd link from the official menu, under the marquee).
This link "Eigo Menu" is #4 (above the line) from the bottom
and yes, it is written as Kanji-Katakana combination.
Actually this link there makes sense in Japanese.

As soon as my source will remove his paperbag, I will
borrow it and wear a week for again mixing up
Hiragana and Katagana.

Hey, I only do this to entertain my Japanese teacher! She
loves the embarrassing moments when I order Fisheye-salad at
the post office ;)

Juergen