(keitai-l) Re: MML documentation?

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 01/31/02
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>I am slightly confused on this MML issue. If it is a proprietary markup
>language with undisclosed specs, how are developers supposed to create MML
>sites?

There used to be specs for MML available on the web. I have a printout
somewhere. Then JPhone went to a "convert at the gateway" model and told
everyone to write "html" (with extensions).

>Or are they simply _not_ supposed to develop MML sites unless they
>have a contract with J-Phone?

Not an issue.

> If MML is not available but an HTML subset can
>be used, is there at least any official documentation on this and how to
>publish fully MML-compatible sites - or this private too?

There should be docs for this somewhere and I would say that this is
really what you are looking for.

> Final questions:
>how successful is J-Phone / MML currently and what are its prospects?

JPhone is "successful" as such, mml is a non issue I think.

Nick