(keitai-l) Re: PCMIA Keitai Cards

From: Justin Hall <justin_at_bud.com>
Date: 01/31/02
I've been travelling in Akita, in the North of Japan this winter, and
the only way to get my laptop online has been to use phone cards in the
ISDN/modem payphones.  Takai!

So I visited J-Phone to see what they could sell me up here.  They had a
USB cable that could make my J-Phone dial-through for my modem for about
6800 yen.  But, I'm running Windows XP and they only had drivers for
Windows 98.

I would love to be able to wirelessly PCMCIA with the Air H card - I
wonder if it gets signal up here in the winterlands?  I guess if they
sell it up here, it should work.

Justin

Akita - http://www.links.net/vita/trip/japan/akita/
http://www.links.net/