(keitai-l) Re: Sound files on FOMA handsets

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/02/02
Some suggested search engine terms:

 ADPCM
 MFi
 着メロ

Will this get you very far?  I haven't really
tried, so I don't know.  It does appear that
you can put something like sound-waveform
data into melody files.  I've been told, however,
that this yields only a few seconds of low
quality output.

This state of affairs is almost certainly
intentional.  It's a bit maddening, but phone
companies actually want to be able to charge
you for voice communications of almost
any kind.

-michael turner
leap@gol.com