(keitai-l) i-Mode protocol stack evolution?

From: Diego Gallego Pérez <dgp245_at_tid.es>
Date: 02/07/02
Hi all,

This is a mail from a new to i-Mode spanish wireless engineer,
I'm trying to know the basics of i-Mode, it's evolution and requirements for
a possible support in European operators, it's difficult to find
recent-non-japanese-language documentation different to the 'i-Mode service
guideline' from NttDoCoMo's web site and some Faq's & Forums.
I'd like to fix some facts about i-Mode:

I've read that i-Mode devices protocol stack consists of
ALP+SSL(optional)+TLP+IP- which is appropiately translated to Internet
protocols in a Gateway -. 'i-Mode service guideline' states that devices
must support WTCP (WAP2.0 TCPs version)+HTTP+[SSL]+....

is it that in the beginning i-Mode used the first stack but that after
WAP2.0, i-Mode and WAP protocol stack will be the same?
does HTTP in 'i-Mode service guideline' means ALP or is it a full featured
HTTPv4.0 or is it the WAP2.0's Wireless Profiled HTTP?
does this 'new' HTTP supports 'cookies'?
where can I find more info?

Regards,
Diego Gallego,