(keitai-l) Re: i-appli tweaking

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/10/02
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Michael Turner wrote:

> I must be getting old.  I popped "iAppli" and "classLoader" into
> Google, and got ... something I translated not so terribly long ago:
>
>   http://www.idiom.com/~turner/JEvaHz/JEvaHz1339-1353.html
>
> ... in which it's implied that you CAN do this after all, but that
> compression will screw things up for you.

AFIK, that was just in an emulator.

In these phones, there just *has* to be the ability to build class
objects from bytecode; that's the basis of downloading and running
Java, after all! Why they make it completely inaccessable to the
user through any means but including the bytecode in a downloaded
jar file, I have no idea.

At any rate, you might be able to use RMI. Maybe. But I wouldn't
be surprised if even that didn't work, since again it's related to
moving class information between machines while the VM is running.
What a dumb thing to kill!

cjs