(keitai-l) Fuel 3.0 from Pinpoint - v. confusing article from unstrung.com

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/13/02
http://www.unstrung.com/server/display.php3?id=755&cat_id=2

Choice quote (c'mon, get to the end, you can do it):

"On February 11th, Pinpoint is taking a step closer
to making a wireless internet a reality with its launch
of Fuel 3.0. Fuel 3.0 offers the first unified mobile
application platform that simplifies the interaction
between the mobile user and an application developer
to enable revenue sharing for application usage."

Say THAT three times fast.  My press release is
more breathless than your press release.

It gets better (I mean worse).

"Pinpoint has built a system that copies the
fundamental idea behind NTT Docomo’s wildly
successful iMode system."

Confusion reigns.  Fuel 3.0 will break the mobile
internet out of the Walled Garden.  Except --
hasn't DoCoMo been slammed precisely for
being a Walled Garden?  Oh, now I don't
*what* to think anymore ....

You'll also read about how they have "a library
of developers."  Don't let any of them slip down
between the couch cushions, or you'll be paying
the librarian a fine, I guess.

You get a hint of "OK, point that gun away from
my head and I'll pound out your damn puff-piece
in 120 seconds" when C.J. says something about
how this business model "speaks more volumes" ...
than any "chattering salesman".

Can anyone tell us what the hell is going on here?

-michael turner
leap@gol.com