(keitai-l) Re: Individual Video

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/13/02
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Christian Molstrom wrote:

> is what I was talking about.  It seems like this--if I
> understand correctly--would require some kind of
> near-instant human eye-image server telepathy.

Well, I'd never really considered a network data link to be
"telepathy," before, but it is near-instant on a link with reasonable
speed and latency. (I'd guess that, on a 384 Kbps link, you could
get the data back to to the server in about 30 ms. or so, which is
one frame later. Is a two-frame latency in tracking eye movement
going to work? I have no clue.)

> Perhaps (highly doubtful) he was thinking that
> there would be some sophisticated frequency cancellation as
> raw image data collided with fovea data transmitted by the
> viewing client.

Err..."huh"? Aren't these links full duplex? (They have to be, to
support video-conferencing.) In which case, what would collide?

> Besides, would I want someone looking over my should to know
> what part of an image I was viewing?

Well, it would be sort of the reverse of how ecchi videos usually
are in Japan, where the one part that isn't in focus.... :-)

cjs