(keitai-l) Re: Individual Video

From: Sampo Raudaskoski <keitai_at_mrgoodliving.com>
Date: 03/13/02
Hi,

The idea was based on the fact, that it is possible to compress video feed
much better than is done with normal codecs. Why it is not done, is because
the client devices would then lack the computing power to decompress the
data.

What the writer suggests as a solution, is to decompress the area of focus
(foval) with greater detail, and areas outside with lesser detail. This
would save the client computing power, thus allowing viewing of this
"hard-packed" video feed.

Best regards,
Sampo Raudaskoski