(keitai-l) Re: Nokia-Germany CEO interview

From: Tony Chan <tonyc_at_telecomasia.net>
Date: 03/17/02
Can't help but wonder out loud what Nokia will be providing AT&T Wireless in the
US. They actually have a contract to supply handsets for ATTW's upcoming
GPRS/EDGE network. Since DoCoMo and ATTW have already said they will be deploying
some kind of i-mode, does that mean Nokia will balk on the contract, or wait for
WAP 2.0 before moving ahead with phones for ATTW, which is supposed to support
HTML, or at least, XHTML Basic..., which everyone knows is just like cHTML,
right?

Anyone know what is going on with ATTW? when are they launching?

Another interesting tidbit that someone might want to comment on. Apparently,
Telecom Italia Mobile decided to go with M-Services and launched it without
Nokia's support. The result is a mobile data service that is NOT available to
Nokia handset users. TIM and the GSMA claim over 2 million M-Services subs...
Anyone know anymore?