(keitai-l) AW: german eplus i-mode question

From: Jan Michael Hess <jansan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 05/02/02
david, the current NEC201i does not support Java, neither
do the 2 i-mode phones announced to come out very soon (Toshiba, Trium).
This is quite a disappointment, for us, too.

J2ME will kick-off faster with other operators than Eplus/i-mode in Germany.

the limit of MIDlets in Japan, e.g. i-appli, is provider policy with
different reasoning: e.g. fast download time, limited storage on devices,
fear of too powerful client software (my guess). if MIDlets will have KB-size
limits in Germany I cannot tell you as operators have not really started to introduce
such services. Sometimes it's a device problem, e.g. M50 of Siemens has only 256KB
memory for MIDlets. However, Nokia's 7650 has 4 MB memory for apps (Java or C++
for Symbian OS).

best, jan.