(keitai-l) Re: Is the i-mode content biz hit based?

From: <turner_at_uvs.is>
Date: 05/08/02
Gerhard,

Actually the issue of 2000 or 3000 or 50000 is not really the point. What
I was attempting to ask was how do the sites that are popular get popular.
Does their popularity  follow the pattern of hit movies or songs or not?
Do users tend a garden of carefully chosen favorite links that they have
stumbled across or had a friend point them to?

Where the 2000/3000/50000 figure is relevent to a question I have about
usability (actually findability). I have to assume that the vast majority
of i-mode sites are completely invisible and effectively non-existent
simply because nobody will wade through them all. If it does not appear on
the handset opening screen or after a few clicks or scrolls, forget it.
How on earth do these services direct users to them?

-Doug

Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com>
Sent by: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
05/07/2002 04:38 PM