(keitai-l) Re: The evil side effects of Sha-Mail

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 06/22/02
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>The moral of this story? Run away if you see a J-Phone campaign
>girl or be prepared to have a very good explanation if somebody
>finds your picture somewhere here:

Surely the moral of the story is "avoid random girls". I know *I* do....

A few years ago I published a little mag down here in Sunny Fukuoka .
Around issue 35 or so we searched high and low for a couple enjoying the
Christmas party festivities. Not just ANY couple you understand (they were
two a penny), a couple who were officially "together", so publication of
the snap would not result in any slapped faces for the miscreant(s).  (the
mag went aroudn Kyushu) Eventually - and it was  a long search - we found
a pair who the bar staff were prepared to swear were, had been, and would
always be, together.

They were not of course....

I guess if J-Phone publish the pics and claim you are "together", the
girl, at least, will have grounds to sue...

Can you let us know the webpage....?
.

Nick

(Of course your post raises serious issue of privacy in this age of the
ubiquitous camera - but I shall ignore them 'cuz privacy is long dead....
And in Japan, privacy is not just dead - it never really had  life... )