(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 06/24/02
hi Juergen

chances:
you can still hear EZweb/J-Phone chakumero after dog swallows it

no chance:
if the CTO doesn't do the right test that reflects user behavior

regards,

Ken

To: keitai-l@appelsiini.net
Subject: (keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:33:03 +0900

>majority of the 20% - 30% failed messages in the first attempt,
>as Michael said, is because of the handsets powered-off or out
>of coverage.

Oh my, I am kinda lost in your argumentation chain :)

Yes, for sure I can not deliver messages to powered-off phones!
Some better examples for a 100% success rate for non-deliverable
messages to a i-mode phone:

* If my i-mode phone is in Hong-Kong
* If I flushed my phone down the toilet
* If I decided to dissect it
* If I decided to swallow the battery
* If my dog swallowed it

Ken wrote:
>the less than 2% of the failed messages in au/KDDI and J-Phone
>are usually concentrated on a small number of handsets.

ah, oh, yes, maybe, no?

I give up, thanks for this interesting thread.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/