(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 06/24/02
> chances:
> you can still hear EZweb/J-Phone chakumero after dog swallows it

it's also a very interesting olfactoric experience I assume.

> no chance:
> if the CTO doesn't do the right test that reflects user behavior

Pssst! I tell you a secret: i-mode users request emails regularly
by pressing the "check center" button. Anytime they think "there
must be email for me...". This is social behavior and has also
less to do with technology.

I suggest visiting a big cinema and sit in the first row. After
the movie is over, turn around and see hundreds of i-mode users
switch on their phone and see them click "check center".

But I wonder...if you work(ed?) for DoCoMo in the technical
department at the time they "forgot"(?) to implement this
feature, why you didn't suggested it? And why you complain
now? That's a bit late, isn't it?

But be proud to work for the company who actually introduced
push-mail, there were times the poor J-Phone and AU users
where used to (gasp!) pull-mail only! One of the reasons I
got rid of my AU (before it was even called AU) phone and
dissected it:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=11&l=en

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/