(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 06/26/02
exactly that's the point Juergen!

that i-mode is a huge waste of resources.

users have to check mail no matter there is one or not
average Japanese user has about 5-10 messages per day but the majority of
which
are exchanged during one or two sessions with a friend.  maybe you can tell
me
how many times an i-mode user checks mail and how many times mailbox is
empty.
how much unnecessary traffic generated?  on an already jammed network?

we know every problems i-mode would have before it was born, and we had
every
solution that's needed, WAP is still not a perfect solution but it's always
been the best available technology.

we can't change DoCoMo's mind, they changed us ... we don't argue with
money.

please remember all these we have were developed more than 5 years ago, in
a place where is still today the backwater of mobile communication, the US.

cheers,

Ken