(keitai-l) Re: Keitai trends come and go...

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 06/27/02
> I'be been trying to find one who use a FOMA phone in the streets,

We don't walk the same streets, I guess. From time to time I
see some people with a FOMA phone. Normally they are the more
bragging type and have the phone hanging clear visible on Keitai
straps (Straps is a trend which is not that trendy anymore, but
maybe Curt will not agree here and sends another ASCII art).

Uh, we also have FOMA phones, but mostly I use them as a high
tech mouse trap with video success control:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=26&p=17&l=en

> not one yet.  but I've seen many times that a guy sitting beside
> me on a train accessing non-official i-mode sites from a au/KDDI
> handset.
> DoCoMo has jammed traffic problem and au/KDDI is the solution.

Not really. If you access non-official i-mode sites with a
non-i-mode phone, how is DoCoMo than involved? Suddenly the
word i-mode becomes so useless in this scenario.

> do you know if there is any site they have problem?  I guess
> mislayout be the most often but I've found none yet.

Excessive use of emojis is a problem. No money roaming solution
between AU and DoCoMo for official i-mode sites is a bigger problem :)

> Curt, whatever markup language the users want to access operators
> should provide, but I reckon better WML within the network.

The typical tech-talk. Now ask anybody of the 50 million wireless
users on the street what markup language they want and look into
huge clueless brown eyes and a big questionmark in their face.

Juergen