(keitai-l) Re: Keitai trends come and go...

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 06/28/02
Well I guess now the "trend" has been mainstreamed - it's in the WSJ - =
tho slightly skewed for the US market.

Can someone do an ascii art of the technology hype cycle? This one =
seemed to skip the trough of disillusionment and go straight to =
SevenEleven...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
5. Trend: Alternative handset chargers emerging as new subsector

A new range of alternative battery chargers for handsets is popping up, =
with an increasing number of units available that do not require the use =
of an electrical outlet. These devices sell for between $20 and $100 =
(the average spare handset battery costs about $20). These devices =
operate on a variety of means, from solar power to mechanical hand pumps =
that generate power.

For more on the emergnce of alternative battery chargeers:
- see this piece today's Wall Street Journal

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/=20