(keitai-l) Re: was emoji -> handsets

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/05/02
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> Nokia and Ericsson both had a single own imode-phone some years ago,
> but stopped after that single attempt. There are still a few of these
> around - today I saw a lady on the train using her Ericsson imode
> phone, but you can't buy them any more.

I don't know how big the market for English-interface phones is, but
back in the day, weren't these popular in that market because they were
the only (or almost the only) phones that had an English UI? Now it the
choice is much wider (the entire 503i series is bilingual, for example)
that perhaps it's just not worth it to them any more. Certianly the
phones didn't seem to have much else to offer....

cjs