(keitai-l) Re: a5301t weight - handset design

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 08/13/02
>I don't know about that. By that standard you'd also say that a 24 mm or so
>depth is a new criterion, since that's what most phones have been. Yet
>Panasonic, at least, seems to have regained its senses, and the new P504i
>is now 99g and 16.8 mm deep (a heck of a lot thinner than the P503iS's 27
>mm).

no Curt, length and thickness are far less important than width.
maybe 49 mm is OK but not 50 mm.  interesting it's so sensitive,
and especially when you compete for small Japanese girls.

think MCI got totally lost and their designs are the least user-
friendly, both hardware and software.  that's why they need help
from Nokia.

Sony has data of thousands of ears of people from different
countries to assist design of earphones.  human hands are by far
more difficult to study.  currently videos, like for GUIs of
computers, is the only established method (that I know), but not
many companies are using it.  I'd prefer a glove, or a film on
the handset, to sense the pressure, too.

your target is the market, regardless of what you like or think.

>And I'm not sure that weight has all that much relation to battery life,
>anyway; my 73 g F503i does quite well.

many who have a heavy external battery attached to their handset
won't agree.  also the operators feel the pain when their
customers want to make a call but cannot because battery died.

cheers,

Ken