(keitai-l) Re: Java running into trouble on cell phones?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/09/02
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, James Santagata wrote:

> > Some on this list have been interpreting this as "Java guarantees
> > the security of the entire system," and attacking that statement.
> > Well, the only people who ever said that are the ones attacking
> > that statement. It's a straw man.
>
> It is not a straw man argument.

It is a straw man argument. You've made up a point that I never
stated ("Java guarantees the security of the entire system") and
started attacking it.

> A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

So? We agree on this completely. So why not just say, "Curt's right
that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link," and leave it
at that? There's nothing to argue about here; you appear to agree
completely that I'm right on that point.

If you think I said something the opposite of that, well, that's your
imagination, not what I really said.

At any rate, I think it's really time to let this one go.

cjs