(keitai-l) Re: mail and imode fones etc

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10/28/02
under heavy load some mail gateways may not be able to respond
to the sender while it may still correctly handle the received
messages.  all operators have similar problems but it should be
rare now.

and my questions for questions,

(1) does anyone has a list for each operator the error messages
including all the combinations of server and user filters (size,
type of attachments, b/w domain/address lists, etc.)?

* like a password checking program won't tell you if the account
name or the password was wrong, a mail server may not provide
the sender the information about the message handling (invalid
user, blocked by the server/user, etc.), because this kind of
information may help a malice sender to improve his system.

(2) does anyone has a list of message delivery time for each
operator (I asked the question before).

* I don't know how to make a test program for this but when I
tested manually, I never got better than 2 sec (i-mode mail,
Cmail, or SkyWalker).  PDC is really a simple network to allow
fast message delivery but less than 1 sec is too fast even for
DoCoMo the best PDC-P network.

cheers,

Ken

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!