(keitai-l) Re: mail and imode fones etc

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 10/28/02
Ken Chang wrote:

> (2) does anyone has a list of message delivery time for each
> operator (I asked the question before).
>
> * I don't know how to make a test program for this but when I
> tested manually, I never got better than 2 sec (i-mode mail,
> Cmail, or SkyWalker).  PDC is really a simple network to allow
> fast message delivery but less than 1 sec is too fast even for
> DoCoMo the best PDC-P network.

Well, I checked DoCoMo/i-mode mail for you right now. From the
time of pressing the send button on my PC email programme till
the mobile phone rang for the email arrival was 12 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
                                      http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Read about us in "IBM developerWorks":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html