(keitai-l) Re: OT: cleaning keitai screens (was 2003G)

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/06/02
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Ah Nick - you have obviously never worn makeup.. so that rumour is *not*
>true after all!!!!

of COURSE I wear makeup.

It's Christmas and I'm English - it's a cultural tradition.

now let's cross thread.... (as opposed to cross dress)

>I have heard more information reguarding web services

the purpose of web services is to defeat firewalls, nothing more. Firewall
admins (anal retentive by profession) have to keep port 80 open, so web
services/soap et al just ram everything through that. It's a vast game of
"let's pretend" on which a corporation mandates simultaneously a
conservative access policy and a genealogically (darn - where is a spell
checker when you need it) liberal - "spread 'em baby!" attitude to
external, untrusted, clients.

IP sluttery, in short. They call it "soap" so you think it's clean....

Nick