(keitai-l) Re: automotive bluetooth initiative

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 12/18/02
FLEX-MAGAZINE@TELDA.NET wrote:

> what do you think about this?
>
> http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onai
> r/asabt/news/220551

I think it's pretty groovey, esp. when you consider the follwing:

   http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/emtachw.asp
   http://www.openbrain.co.kr/e_site/e_products/e_products03.htm
   http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2071869,00.html

http://www.megafoundation.org/UltraHIQ/HIQNews/1997_Forecast_Update_2000.html
   (look under bluetooth throat microphone and voice operated
translation)

Now, if VIA had only included bluetooth on their ITX motherboards, I
would be a happy camper.  Also looking for that Bluetooth enabled with
Air H' adapter/gateway/firewall that will extend my PAN to the internet
(when required).

Down side(s)?

   1. Bluetooth will never be used for "mission critical"
instrumentation.
   2. Can't effectivly war drive with a Bluetooth GPS.
   3. Slower commute times due to attempting to stay with the person in
the next car you're swapping CDs with.
   4. getting your personal address book stolen by the P2P spam
agragator app that everyone is "getting paid" to run on their bluetooth
keitai (and with that I'm actually on topic).
   5. ?
   6. Profit.