(keitai-l) Re: Blocked By Ezweb

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 04/18/03
> I'd be curious to learn how you would spot a dynamic address. I
> don't think it is possible.
> You could do a reverse name lookup and if something like
> pool343.tokyo-3dsl.att.ne.jp comes up it could indicate a user IP, but
> that's far too unreliable.

I am not sure how they do it, but I uninstalled my local mail
server as DoCoMo, Hotmail etc started to block me sending from
an ADSL connection.

What I believe they do is 'talking'. I believe that DoCoMo told (for
example) Yahoo BB that some of their users are a source of SPAM and
that Yahoo gave them their IP range of dynamic addresses and than they
blocked them.

Or you could use DUL: http://mail-abuse.org/dul/

But this gets a bit off topic now...

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp