(keitai-l) AW: Re: SMS and URLs

From: Sandra Baron <baron_at_mobileworlds.com>
Date: 05/08/03
Seeing the user bevahiour in Europe, it seems that "only" with a new
handset, that has brighter colours, a better sound and even a camera,
users start thinking that they step into the next generation of mobile
communication. Even if the old handsets had wap - nobody used it on the
old phone. A new handset is also for the user an emotional step furher
into mobile future - even if it is only wap 1.2. The difference is that
the user now asks for more features within his handset apart from sms.
He wants to know how his camera works, how he can send an MMS or or an
e-mail.

I am afraid that is also the reason why all the new data services in
Europe are being picked up slowly. The penetration within the population
is still far to low.

To return to Jeffs question, it seems that the question should be asked
differently - as J=FCrgen said aswell. Don't ask how to change the user
behaviour but how to address the new users with all their new handset.
It seems that there is a lot more to explain to them. Those will be the
future customers for mobile communication services - the challenge how
to get through to these users.=20

Sandra

=20
-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----