(keitai-l) Re: 20th anniversary of Minitel

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 05/14/03
L-Mode was unfair to the women :)

To be frank, many Japanese marriages are "Hell-Mode," most of it due to men
working 18 hours a day, but that's another conversation that's totally off
topic.

Anyway, your point about the ad campaign for L-Mode is right, its pathetic.
If you asked me, I'd say they should be playing off of it for strictly
business purposes - as its tied to fax machines.

Anyway, why use it when you have a keitai?

Mark

On 5/14/03 11:19, "Juergen Specht" <js@nooper.com> wrote:

>=20
>> Well, personally, I for one have nothing against Japanese women. God
>> guys, grow up. There are women on this list too, and this I pretty
>> insulting to them, don't you think?
>=20
> Not sure if you talk about me** or Nick, but Nick's comment
> contains at least that much clich=E9s as the TV spots for
> L-mode.
>=20
> I described the TV ad only to show who the real target group
> for L-mode is: housewifes. The whole service is very food
> and household oriented and contains a lot of cooking and recipe
> tips etc.
>=20
> Basically I think that L-mode is redundant, because the
> target group "housewifes" also have Keitai (so have kids from
> early on).
>=20
> To bring more clich=E9s into the mix, we tested Nooper with
> Japanese housewifes and they asked us if we can provide cooking
> recipe and household Noopies. Just yesterday we got this
> Noopie request again. It's popular, as cheap expired sushi
> are popular*.
>=20
> Juergen
>=20
> *) Sushi 'expire' in Japan after some hours. If you buy fresh
>  sushi in a shop, they provide you with a sticker which gives
>  you a timeframe of 3 hours to eat them.
>  Every supermarket sells 'expired' sushi after 6pm or so
>  for half the price. It's popular among students or everybody
>  who has not much money and still more fresh than any sushi
>  you can buy in Germany.
>=20
> **)Google me and you will find out that I have nothing against
>  Japanese women (or other nationalities) at all, but still
>  I will not marry, because I think that's a 'ownership' concept
>  from yesterday and I live today.
>=20
>=20
> This mail was sent to address mark@consect.com
>=20
>=20

--=20
Mark Frieser
Consect
+1 917 855 2669

Join 300 High Level Wireless Executives for a day of networking, case
studies and technology solutions at the Global Wireless Summit, New York on
May 22, 2003.

For more information on attending and sponsorship, visit our website at
http://consect.com/NY2003/index.html