(keitai-l) 505i series and turn-type keitai

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 05/21/03
Some of DoCoMo's consultants:
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=38&p=10&l=en#c
convinced me that I should upgrade my phone as soon as possible
to one of the new 505i ones. I already decided for the P505i.

But I wonder, all these new "turn type" phones:
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=37&p=16&l=en#c
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=37&p=11&l=en#c

I saw more than one person who almost broke them because
people are still used to flip type, it seems.

Is it just me who don't see any advantage of turn type phones?
The screen gets dirty and scratchy:
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=37&p=20&l=en#c
It takes way more time to open the phone and they break easily etc.

What's the advantage?

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing:  http://nooper.co.jp