(keitai-l) Re: predictive text input, new handsets

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/24/03
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Ken Chang wrote:

> SO505i has an interesting design but everything else no good.

"Everything else"? I'm not sure you'd even call the "interesting design"
good, either--it's difficult to open, and exposes the screen to scratches.

> SH505i is bulkier than J-SH53 though the later uses standard SD card,
> very strange.

I don't see why that's strange at all. I've yet to get my hands on one
of the new, smaller memory sticks, but they're about half the size of
the regular memory stick, right? A standard SD card is hardly bigger
than half the size of a regular memory stick.

Looking back on it, memory stick was really the wrong way to go, from
a cost point of view. Given the much, much greater volumes of SD cards
being manufactured and sold, there's no way to compete on price. The
only advantage that MS gives Sony is a bit more lock-in, which I'm
starting to think that Sony users might be getting sick of, anyway.

> ...can also be used as an MP3 walkman.

Err...not easily, if at all, as someone else pointed out.

cjs