(keitai-l) Re: Ntt DoCoMo i-mode enters the italian market with Wind

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/24/03
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Ken Chang wrote:

> but then they will have the problem of roaming and interworking, and
> everyone will see how odd their domestic i-mode technologies are.

Well, some of them, yes. Other i-mode technologies, such as cHTML, are
less odd than their alternatives, such as WAP. I think you overestimate
the importance of parts of the network that people don't see (such
as the technology used to download e-mail), and underestimate the
importance of those that people do see, such as whether e-mail looks
like a "push" or "pull" model (for consumers), and how easy it is to
write a simple web page (for developers).

> fairly speaking, anyone who pioneers an unknown world will have
> similar problems.  so you better be the second than the first....

Yeah, I'm sure that AU and J-phone look at the number of customers
they have, and feel really happy that they came into the market after
Docomo....

> better be Yahoo! than Netscape,

How about, "better be Yahoo! than eBay" (or vice versa in Japan)?

cjs