(keitai-l) Re: Proxying E-mail (was: iAppli IMAP proxying service?)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/09/03
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Mathieu Castelli wrote:

> > The other problem is that, at least on my mail server, emoji gets
> > munged into a garbage character.
>
> All what I will say here is only valid for AU.

It's nice to hear that AU works. Docomo changes all outgoing emoji to
a single character that looks sort of like a wide equals sign. It's
irrecoverably lost when it leaves the Docomo network, and that's that.

This is quite frustrating because most of my mail coming from a Docomo
phone actually ends up back on a Docomo phone, but of course the emoji
is all screwed up.

cjs