(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo posts profit on 3G

From: Arjen van Blokland <ab_at_tkk.att.ne.jp>
Date: 08/14/03
At 22:09 03/08/14 +0900, you wrote:

>Dear all,
>
> > >If anything has helped DoCoMo as a cash-cow, its their 2.5G PDC i-mode
> > >service.
> >
> > Operation Data for first quarter 2003 (official NTT DoCoMo data)
> >
> > Voice ARPU (PDC): JPY 6,140
> > i-mode ARPU (PDC): JPY 1,900
> >
> > Voice ARPU (FOMA): JPY 6,360
> > i-mode ARPU (FOMA): JPY 2,960
>
>Yes, I see your point, but ARPU does not mean profitability by itself.

I was not claiming that ARPU means profitabilty by itself. AMPU would
indeed be a much better indicator but very difficult to measure objectively.

Most of DoCoMo's cash comes from voice and I do not expect that will change
in the coming 3 years.

Furthermore, a majority of the DoCoMo subs is still subscribing to 2G
i-mode services not to the 2.5G (28k8/9k6), so I do not understand how you
can conclude that if anything has helped DoCoMo as a cash-cow, its their
2.5G PDC i-mode.

Cheers,
Arjen van Blokland