(keitai-l) Re: J2ME on Japanese phones

From: Shawn <javajunkie_at_koyuru.com>
Date: 10/05/03
> This is probably a very basic question

Not as basic as you'd imagine

> I've had people on J-Phone try, and the phone seems to not know what to
> do
> with the JAD file type (I have the correct MIME type set).

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but for J-Phone, don't the downloads
have to come from certain registered servers?

> Different problems on AU, but same result - no download.

I got it to download and run on my AU phone just fine thank you very much.

You need to put the .jar and .jad files together via a Kddi provided jar
and get a file with a kjx extention.  In addition for my older phone, I
needed to check sum it (crc).

I also added these two lines below for my jar and took out the last one of
yours (something like ts: -3592e1b5a7b2cf24).  I don't know if taking that
line out was really necessary but adding these two were.

MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-1.0

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/