(keitai-l) Hello everyone!

From: Fabio Parri <parrif_ibb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/11/03
Hi people,

My name's Fabio Parri, and I'm from Italy. I'm graduating in Communications and thinking about writing my final paper about Mobile Phones and Interactive Entertainment (games, music, graphics, whatever...). I've just found this list, and it's really, well, wonderful.

Just wanted to introduce myself, but as I'm here, I've some very simple questions you maybe could answer:

1) Are Japanese phones J2ME-locked or not ? I mean, could an amateur coder code his own midlet ?
2) I have quite a bit of Japanese friends. In their mail (in English) there are often very strange characters... I suppose those should be some sort of e-moticons. Is that so and if so, is it possible to view them correctly on Western computers ?

Sorry for my probably stupid questions, but that's my first post, after all ;)

Fabio

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam