(keitai-l) Re: Is KDDI 3G (10 milion users) winning over DoCoMo Foma?

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/12/03
Juergen,

I've never been negative with WAP.  two years ago many friends thought
that WAP had already lost to i-mode and WAP 2.0 was the proof.  things
are far from that.

you actually cannot compare WAP and i-mode.  we need a wide range of
new wireless data standards but the i-mode side simply don't have
the capability needed (thus "compact-xxxx").

don't loose your cool when the French surrendered instantly, or
the Pearl Harbor turned into a sea of fire in a matter of hours.

au/KDDI is where we have to watch closely for 3G services, and for
the GSM world, "J-fone" is definitely the best sample to study.

of course we must keep talking i-mode.  what is the value of those
of us, mobile "experts" in Japan, if i-mode isn't the best?

take care,

Ken