(keitai-l) Re: V Live

From: Ben Hutchings <ben_at_decadentplace.org.uk>
Date: 10/15/03
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:46:19AM +0100, Tom Hume wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 05:24, Jeffrey L. Funk wrote:
>
> > Can Nik or someone else elaborate on why V Live is not user
> > friendly? And in doing so can someone tell us how much V Live
> > depends on Japanese or Western technology, outside of the obvious
> > identification of phone manufacturers?
>
> We've built several VFL services in Europe. It seems to borrow heavily
> from the philosophy of I-mode, but technically is rather different.
> Exact details are confidential, but if you take a look at
>
> 	http://cnnasiapacific.com/cnni/cnni_corpinfo/cnn/index.asp
>
> you'll see it's in the public domain that Vodafone has defined a
> proprietary markup language, PartnerML, for Vodafone live.

I wonder whether that is actually delivered to the handsets or
something that content providers deliver to Vodafone which Vodafone
then converts to whatever the handset can handle.  The Nokia 7650
apparently supported Vodafone Live out of the box, but I never heard
anything about it supporting any kind of proprietary markup language.
Also the name does suggest the latter use.

--
Ben Hutchings
Every program is either trivial or else contains at least one bug