(keitai-l) Re: V Live

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 10/15/03
On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 11:28, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> I wonder whether that is actually delivered to the handsets or
> something that content providers deliver to Vodafone which Vodafone
> then converts to whatever the handset can handle.  The Nokia 7650
> apparently supported Vodafone Live out of the box, but I never heard
> anything about it supporting any kind of proprietary markup language.
> Also the name does suggest the latter use.

Ben

I have to be careful not to impinge on any confidentiality agreements
here, but I think it's safe to say that the Nokia 7650 supports on WML
out-of-the-box (the 3650 does XHTML as well), but not PartnerML.

>From the application developers point of view, this isn't relevant
though: PartnerML is, as CNN note on their site, how you can deliver
services to Vodafone. VFL demonstrates using open standards isn't
necessarily a prerequisite for a successful ecosystem of mobile data
services.

Tom

--
Future Platforms Ltd.